Flourish & Nourish!
Welcome to the Qualicum Beach Seedy Saturday Association’s web home. We focus on sponsoring a great “seedy” event each year, and invite you to join us again, or come for your first visit. This is our 15th Annual Event!
Here are the 2017 event details, followed by an overview of what you can experience at “Seedy Saturday.”
WHERE? Qualicum Beach Civic Centre, 747 Jones Street, Qualicum Beach, BC, Canada
DATE? Saturday, February, 4th, 2017
TIME? 10am to 3:30pm
COST? Admission by Donation
What is Seedy Saturday?
It’s an event where you can buy plants and seeds that grow well in our area. You can also get ideas from experts in all aspects of gardening.
This list covers most of the activities you’ll find at the event:
- In the SEED SWAP room, you can share your saved seeds with other local gardeners, or just buy seeds others have saved (at very low cost).
- Local garden-related VENDORS have their seeds, plants, and related goods for sale.
- Expert SPEAKERS discuss many aspects of gardening.
- MASTER GARDENERS are on hand to help with your gardening problems.
- NURSERIES from the region are well represented with lots of specimens for you to choose from, or just to admire.
- SEED CATALOGUES are available.
- Enjoy the SHOOTS WITH ROOTS family program with your children.
- Buy a RAFFLE ticket to support the QBSS Association, and, perhaps win a great prize.
- Have a snack, lunch, or just a beverage at the SEEDY CAFE.