Flourish & Nourish! (Theme for 2017)
Welcome to the Qualicum Beach Seedy Saturday Association’s web home. We focus on sponsoring a great “seedy” event each year, and invite you to join us again, or come for your first visit. Our 15th Annual Event has now passed. Planning for the 2018 Event will begin in the fall of 2017. But, for now, we’d like to say…
The QB Seedy Saturday committee wish to extend a heartfelt Thank You to all the volunteers, vendors, speakers, businesses, Town of Qualicum Beach and to all the intrepid souls who ventured out in the snow to support Seedy Saturday.
Following are the 2017 event basics, and an overview of the day’s activities (the 2018 event basics should be similar):
WHERE? Qualicum Beach Civic Centre, 747 Jones Street, Qualicum Beach, BC, Canada
DATE? Saturday, February, 4th, 2017 (2018 date: February 3, 2018)
TIME? 10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
COST? Admission by Donation
What is Seedy Saturday?
It’s an event where you can buy plants and seeds that grow well in our area. You can also get ideas from experts in all aspects of gardening.
This list covers most of the activities you’ll find at the event:
- In the SEED SWAP room, you can share your saved seeds with other local gardeners, or just buy seeds others have saved (at very low cost).
- Local garden-related VENDORS have their seeds, plants, and related goods for sale.
- Expert SPEAKERS discuss many aspects of gardening.
- MASTER GARDENERS are on hand to help with your gardening problems.
- NURSERIES from the region are well represented with lots of specimens for you to choose from, or just to admire.
- SEED CATALOGUES are available.
- Enjoy the SHOOTS WITH ROOTS family program with your children.
- Buy a RAFFLE ticket to support the QBSS Association, and, perhaps win a great prize.
- Have a snack, lunch, or just a beverage at the SEEDY CAFE.